Government welfare payments
The report will display information within a couple of days of receiving it from:
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
This information consists of:
- taxable payments, including pensions and allowances
- tax-exempt payments that can be used to calculate some tax offsets.
The information displayed includes details for:
- item 1 – Salary or wages
- item 5 – Australian Government allowances and payments
- item 6 – Australian Government pensions and allowances
- item T5 – Zone/overseas forces tax offset
- item IT3 – Tax-free government pensions.
Emergency payments that are pre-filled are taxable payments, but are not mapped to a label because they may be declared at label 5 or 24, depending on the taxpayer's circumstances.