Managed funds distributions
Managed investment funds will provide distribution income details as reported in the Annual investment income report (AIIR).
Information will generally be available within a couple of days of it being reported and consists of:
- item 13 – Partnerships and trusts
- item 18 – Capital gains
- item 19 – Foreign entities
- item 20 – Foreign source income and foreign assets or property.
You will be able to view details of:
- a list of managed fund accounts
- sole and joint investments (as an individual) – for example
- husband and wife joint investments will be displayed
- business partnership investments will not be displayed.
Apportioned amounts are calculated according to the number of investment owners reported by the financial institution.
If the pre-filled information doesn't match your client's distribution statement, use the information the fund manager provided to your client – contact the managed fund if you have any questions.