Register GST and ITW tax types
You can register or reactivate your client's registration for GST and income tax withholding (ITW) using the portal.
Where to start
On the portal home page:
- enter your client's Australian business number (ABN) or tax file number (TFN) under Your clients
- select Client details from the drop-down menu
- select Search and the Client details screen will display
- select Registrations to view the tax type summary and add a tax type.
Alternatively, use the Directory to find your client and navigate to the Registrations screen.
When registering a tax type using the portal:
- you must select an activity statement account
- your client must have an active ABN.
You cannot register a tax type:
- for a deceased client
- for government-type entities
- where the client's account is insolvent
- if the tax type already exists on another account.
Registering your client for GST and ITW using the portal will update records immediately.
Log in to the Tax Agent PortalYou can register, or reactivate your client's registration for GST and income tax withholding (ITW) using the portal.