Step 2: Calculating sales using the calculation worksheet
Step 2 includes information about:
If you have chosen to use the accounts method, you don't need to complete step 2. Go to step 3
G4 Input-taxed sales
Report at G4 your input taxed sales as listed below.
All amounts reported at G4 on the worksheet should also have been reported at G1.
You don’t report G4 on your BAS, but you do need to show it in your records (it's used to calculate the amount you report at 1A on your BAS).
What to report at G4
At G4 report amounts from making input-taxed sales, including:
- financial supplies
- renting or leasing residential premises that are to be used predominantly for residential accommodation (that is, they are not commercial residential premises) as long as the lease is not a long-term lease
- sales of residential premises that are to be used predominantly for residential accommodation (that is, they are not commercial residential premises or new residential premises)
- In some circumstances you may elect for the following sales to be input taxed
- providing long-term accommodation to an individual in commercial residential premises
- food sales made by school tuckshops and canteens
- sales connected to fundraising events conducted by eligible charities, gift deductible entities and government schools (if certain conditions are satisfied).
If your item isn't mentioned in this list, check what to do at other labels. Otherwise you may need to include it on another type of return.
Don't report at G4:
- long-term leases of residential premises
- new residential premises that were not used for residential accommodation before 2 December 1998, including premises that have been substantially renovated – report these at G1.
G5 Subtotal (G2 + G3 + G4)
Add together the amounts you have reported at:
- G2 (export sales)
- G3 (other GST-free sales)
- G4 (input taxed sales).
This is the total of your GST-free and input taxed sales.
G6 Total sales subject to GST
At G6, subtract the amount at G5 from the amount at G1 (total sales). The answer is the total of your taxable sales.
Report any increasing adjustments you have at G7.
G8 Total sales subject to GST after adjustments
At G8, add the amounts you have reported at G6 and G7 (adjustments). The result is the total of your taxable sales after adjustments.
G9 GST on sales
At G9, divide G8 by 11. Transfer this amount to 1A (GST on sales) on your BAS.