• Non-commercial losses

    If you're an individual in business, as either a sole trader or in partnership, and your business makes a loss, you may be able to offset the loss against your other income such as salary and wages.

    To be eligible, you must meet the income requirement and pass one of the four tests.

    You can only claim losses from genuine business activities.

    You can't offset losses from hobbies or investments.

    Follow the links below for information on:

    Last modified: 05 May 2015QC 33774