Show download pdf controls
  • Other registrations

    Your business may need other licences, permits or registrations to operate.

    State government licences

    Some businesses need licences to operate. These are usually issued by your state government. Most states have a small business department that can tell you what licences you need and how to get them.

    See also:

    Council permits

    You may also need a council permit to operate your business; for example, to use a building for a specific purpose, or sell food or dangerous goods.

    Check any requirements with your local council.

    Last modified: 06 Feb 2017QC 31799