Show download pdf controls
  • Registering for WET

    If you're a wholesaler or producer of wine and you're registered (or required to be registered) for GST, you need to register for WET.

    Your business activity statement (BAS) will then have labels for you to report WET payable and any WET credits for each tax period.

    If you're a wine retailer (such as a cafe or restaurant) you don't need to register for WET unless you make wholesale sales or bottle your own wine.

    Cancelling your registration

    If your business changes (or ceases) and you no longer need the WET labels on your BAS, you need to cancel your WET registration.

    Last modified: 13 Feb 2017QC 22765