Gross pay estimator
The gross pay estimator will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on your net pay for a particular pay period. A pay period can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
The gross pay estimator will not work if you have:
- a pay as you go (PAYG) withholding variation in place
- a withholding declaration you completed, to increase the withholding from your pay or to claim tax offsets
- deductions (pre-tax or post-tax) taken from your pay, including:
- pre-tax deductions, such as workplace giving, are arrangements where you make a donation to a charity and the donation is deducted from your pay before tax is calculated - tax in this situation is calculated after the donation is deducted from your pay
- post-tax deductions, such as union fees, payee superannuation contributions, are deducted from your net pay that is, after tax has been deducted from your gross pay
- a lump sum payment of back payments, commissions, or bonuses (including leave loading) that you received.
Who is it for?
This estimator will help you to work out an estimate of your gross pay and the amount withheld from payment made to you as a payee where:
- you were not provided a payment summary by your payer and you are doing a statutory declaration for your income tax return
- you did not receive a payslip for a pay period (can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- you want to check that the amount withheld from your gross pay for a pay period is correct.
If the amount of your pay differs from one period to another, it is not possible to calculate the annual income based on the amount received on a single pay period. You will need to use the estimator to calculate your gross pay for each pay period that you do not know and then total them separately.
Information you will need
- your take home pay amount for the pay period (can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- your residency status
- your instalment rate as notified by us (called the Commissioner’s instalment rate or CIR) if the following applied:
All outcomes provided by this calculator are based on the information you provide and you should use them as an estimate and advice only.
The details entered are used only for your calculation. They are not transmitted to us for any purpose.
Work it out
Gross pay estimatorThis link opens in a new window
This calculator will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on your net pay for a particular pay period (weekly, fortnightly or monthly).Last modified: 03 Feb 2016QC 18296