Superannuation crystallisation calculator
The crystallisation calculator helps superannuation funds calculate the crystallised segment of the tax free component of a member's superannuation interest, including any pre-July 1983 component.
The fund can also use the calculator to work out:
- the pre-1 July 1983 and post 30 June 1983 days of a member's eligible service period
- their crystallised pre-1 July 1983 amount
- their total crystallised segment amount.
You can't use the calculator if:
- the member's superannuation interest is from an untaxed source
- the member's superannuation interest supports an income stream that commenced to be paid before 1 July 2007.
You will need:
- the start date of the member's eligible service period
- the following amounts as at 30 June 2007 for your member
- superannuation interest amount
- concessional component amount
- post-June 1994 invalidity component amount
- CGT exempt component amount
- undeducted contributions amount.
Superannuation crystallisation calculator – the calculator will take 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
The Superannuation crystallisation calculator is now available. Last modified: 05 Jul 2016QC 19957