Tax withheld calculators
The tax withheld calculator is effective from 1 July 2016 and applies to payments made in the 2016-17 income year.
The tax withheld calculator provides the correct rates for the 2016–17 income year.
Find out about:
What are the tax withheld calculators?
If you are an employer or another withholding payer, our tax withheld calculators can help you work out the tax you need to withhold from payments you make to employees and other workers.
There are two withholding calculators you can use depending on your situation:
- Payments to employees and other workers
Tax withheld for individuals calculatorThis link opens in a new window
- Workers, such as subcontractors, who are subject to a voluntary agreement
Voluntary agreement calculator
To use the calculators, you will need the information your employees or other workers supply in their:
What the calculator does
The tax withheld calculator takes into account the:
Last modified: 07 Oct 2016QC 16944
- income tax rates
- Medicare levy
- Temporary Budget Repair levy
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) contributions
- Trade Support Loan (TSL) contributions
- Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) contributions
- Student Start-up Loan (SSL) contributions
- workers residency status
- tax-free threshold
- tax offset entitlements.