Show download pdf controls
  • More information



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention


    For general tax information and to download publications and rulings, visit


    Our infolines are open Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm except where otherwise indicated.

    • Personal Tax Infoline 13 28 61
    • National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Infoline 13 10 30
      Specialises in helping Indigenous clients
    • Superannuation Infoline 13 10 20
      For assistance with all your superannuation enquiries

    Other services

    Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50
    If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with your call.

    Hearing or speech impairment
    If you have a hearing or speech impairment and use a TTY or modem, phone the National Relay Service on 13 36 77. For 1800 free call numbers phone 1800 555 727 and quote the number you require.

    If you have a speech impairment and do not use a TTY or modem, phone the Speech to Speech Relay Service on 1300 555 727. For 1800 free call numbers phone 1800 555 727 and quote the number you require.

    Tax Help

    If you want to complete your own transfer advice but think you may need some assistance, then Tax Help may be the answer.

    Our community volunteers are trained and supported by the Tax Office to help you.

    Tax Help is a free and confidential service for people on low incomes.

    Many people who use Tax Help are seniors, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, Torres Strait Islander people and students.

    Volunteers can explain your obligations and help you prepare your transfer advice accurately.

    There are Tax Help centres throughout Australia. If you want to visit one of the trained volunteers you need to make an appointment. You need to bring a copy of 30% child care rebate transfer advice and instructions 2006 and all relevant papers with you when you visit.

    For more information or to find out where your nearest Tax Help centre is, phone the Personal Tax Infoline on 13 28 61.


    Reader feedback helps us to improve the information we provide. If you have any feedback about this publication, please write to:

    Personal Tax Editor
    Marketing and Education - Paper Publishing
    Australian Taxation Office
    PO Box 900

    As this is a publications area only, any tax matters will be passed on to a technical area; alternatively, you can phone our Personal Tax Infoline on 13 28 61 for help.

    Last modified: 13 Feb 2019QC 27839