Show download pdf controls
  • How do you transfer your rebate?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you are not required to lodge an income tax return, you can transfer your rebate to the person who was your spouse on 30 June 2006 using any of the following options:

    • visiting our website at and using e-tax to lodge your transfer advice. Most claims are processed within 14 days
    • following these instructions and completing the transfer advice (PDF 56KB)This link will download a file. You must then lodge the transfer advice with the Tax Office
    • going to a registered tax agent.

    You also need to complete a Non-lodgment advice 2006 (NAT 2586-6.2006). To get this form, visit our website at

    If you do transfer your rebate to your spouse and they have already lodged their 2006 tax return, we will, if required, amend their tax return to include the rebate.

    You may also be eligible to use the Tax Help service. Please see More information.

    Last modified: 13 Feb 2019QC 27839