• How to transfer your rebate

    You can transfer your rebate using one of the following options:

    • Lodge your transfer advice online using e-tax - go to www.ato.gov.au for more information.
    • Use the transfer advice - follow the steps below.

    Step 1



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    Complete both pages of the attached transfer advice and lodge it with the Tax Office at the address shown on the inside back cover. You do not need to calculate your rebate - we will do it for you.

    Step 2

    You and your spouse must complete the transfer agreement. In the agreement your spouse must give their consent for you to quote their tax file number and to transfer the rebate to them. The Tax Office is authorised under the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to request this information. This agreement needs to be kept with your tax records for this income year - do not send it to us. Your spouse should also keep a copy.

    What happens next?

    Your spouse does not need to claim the rebate on their tax return. If your spouse has already lodged their 2007 tax return, we will automatically amend it to include any unused rebate.

    We will transfer your 30% child care tax rebate to your spouse after you lodge your transfer advice.

    Last modified: 28 Jun 2007QC 27908