This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
The Losses schedule 2009, and where relevant the CGT schedule, have replaced most of the labels relating to losses in previous applicable tax returns. Transfer totals of the amounts at part A of the Losses schedule 2009 to U Tax losses carried forward to later income years item 13 and V Net capital losses carried forward to later income years item 13 of the tax return.
Complete and attach a Losses schedule 2009 if:
- the total of the fund's tax losses and net capital losses carried forward to the 2008-09 income year is greater than $100,000
- the fund has carried forward foreign source losses to the 2008-09 income year greater than $100,000
- the fund is claiming a deduction for prior year controlled foreign company (CFC) losses greater than $100,000
- the fund has 'current year' CFC losses greater than $100,000, or
- the fund has carried forward CFC losses to later income years greater than $100,000.
If, under the above criteria, you need to complete a Losses schedule 2009, you may also need to complete a CGT schedule.
Last modified: 25 Nov 2009QC 21714
For more information, see the
End of further information
- Losses schedule instructions 2009
- Guide to capital gains tax 2009.