Show download pdf controls
  • Other replacement asset rollovers


    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    You may be able to defer a capital gain or capital loss when you replace an asset in the following circumstances (if you would like information on these rollovers, contact your tax adviser or the Tax Office):

    • an individual or trustee disposes of assets to, or creates assets in, a wholly owned company
    • partners dispose of assets to, or create assets in, a wholly owned company
    • a CGT event happens to small business assets and you acquire replacement assets
    • your statutory licence is renewed or extended
    • your property is converted to strata title
    • you exchange shares in the same company or units in the same unit trust
    • you exchange rights or options to acquire shares in a company or units in a unit trust
    • you exchange shares in one company for shares in an interposed company
    • you exchange units in a unit trust for shares in a company
    • a body is converted to an incorporated company
    • you acquire a Crown lease
    • you acquire a depreciating asset
    • you acquire prospecting and mining entitlements
    • you dispose of a security under a securities lending arrangement
    • a trust restructure ends your ownership of units or interests.
    Last modified: 04 Mar 2016QC 27527