This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- For general tax information and up-to-date and comprehensive information about deductions, visit www.ato.gov.au
Publications referred to in this guide are:
To get any publication referred to in this guide visit our website at www.ato.gov.au
End of further information
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide a tax file number (TFN).
Individual 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
Business 13 28 66
Information about business income tax, fringe benefits tax (FBT), fuel tax credits (FTC), goods and services tax (GST), pay as you go (PAYG) and activity statements, including lodgment and payment, accounts and business registration (including Australian business number and tax file number), and dividend and royalty withholding tax.
Superannuation 13 10 20
Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service.
Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you need to contact a ATO 1800 free call number, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the ATO number you need.
- Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you need to contact a ATO 1800 free call number, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need.
Internet relay users, connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and ask for the ATO number you need.
Why not lodge online using e-tax?
Last modified: 26 Sep 2011QC 27969
- E-tax is our free online tax preparation and lodgment software.
- E-tax is secure, user friendly, and you can access your individual information using the pre-filling service.
- Most refunds are issued within 14 days.
- For more information, visit our website at www.ato.gov.au