Show download pdf controls
  • Attributed foreign income



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you have interests in a foreign entity, your share of its income may be attributed to you for income tax purposes, even if the income has not yet been distributed.

    If you have attributed foreign income, you may be entitled to a foreign income tax offset for foreign income tax, income tax, or withholding tax paid by a controlled foreign company (CFC) or foreign investment fund (FIF) in which you hold an interest. The treatment of attributed foreign income under the foreign income tax offsets system is simpler than under the previous foreign credits system. Also, attributable taxpayers will no longer need to maintain attributed tax accounts.

    Further Information

    For more information on the tax treatment of attributed income, refer to the publication Attributed foreign income.

    End of further information
    Last modified: 29 Jun 2010QC 27994