This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- For general tax information and up-to-date and comprehensive information about deductions, visit www.ato.gov.au
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide your tax file number (TFN).
- Personal tax 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
- Business 13 28 66
General business tax enquiries including capital gains tax, GST rulings, Australian business number (ABN), pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN), dividend and royalty withholding tax
- Superannuation 13 10 20
- Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and need help from the Tax Office, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service.
- Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the National Relay Service:
If you are a TTY or modem user, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the number you want.
If you are a voice-only (speak and listen) user, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the number you want.
Lodge online using e-tax
Last modified: 01 Jul 2008QC 27918
- Why not lodge online?
- e-tax is a fast, secure and easy way to prepare and lodge your tax return.
- Most refunds are issued within 14 days.
- For more information, visit our website at www.ato.gov.au