Show download pdf controls
  • Instructions

    Who should complete this notice of intent?

    You should complete this notice of intent if you:

    • intend to claim a tax deduction for your personal super contributions

    want to vary a previous valid notice of intent you gave your super fund The personal contributions you claim as a tax deduction are treated as concessional contributions. When deciding whether to claim a deduction for super contributions, you should consider the superannuation impacts that may arise from this, including whether:

    • you will exceed your contribution caps
    • Division 293 tax applies to you
    • you wish to split your contributions with your spouse
    • it will affect your super co-contribution eligibility.

    See also:

    Last modified: 18 Oct 2018QC 19310