Show download pdf controls
  • How do you report losses?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    Make sure the distributions from partnerships and trusts that you report at item 13 match the distributions in the distribution statement.

    Do not offset losses from earlier years against partnership or trust distributions and record the balance at item 13 on their tax return.

    You must report all earlier income years' tax losses separately on your client's individual return at label L1 - Tax losses of earlier income years.

    Taxpack 2011: Losses L1

    However, you report deferred non-commercial business losses from an earlier year at item 16.

    Taxpack supplement 2011: item 16

    Further Information

    For more information, refer to:

    End of further information
    Last modified: 13 Oct 2011QC 25050