For further information
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Personal Tax Infoline
Ring 13 28 61 during normal business hours for:
- an answer to your questions about applying for a refund of franking credits
- assistance with enquiries about your TFN
- help to work out whether you need to lodge a tax return
- extra blank copies of the application
- help in deciding whether you are an Australian resident for tax purposes.
If you want to lodge your application by phone, please ring 13 28 65 at any time - press 2.
Progress of refunds
Please ring 13 28 65 - press 1. This automated service is available 24 hours per day, every day, for you to check the progress of your refund. You will need your TFN.
If you sent your application by ordinary post, please wait seven weeks before ringing. If you lodged your application over the telephone, please wait three weeks before ringing.
Hearing or speech impairment
People with a hearing or speech impairment and with access to appropriate TTY or modem equipment can communicate with a tax officer through the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 and quote one of the infolines listed on this page.
If you do not have access to TTY or modem equipment, phone the Speech to Speech Relay Service on 1300 555 727.
Last modified: 10 Jan 2005QC 27524