This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- Phone lodgment 13 28 65: Lodge your application for refund of franking credits by phone at any time.
- Progress of refunds 13 28 65: Check the progress of your refund. This is an automated self-help service available 24 hours a day, every day. You will need to key in your tax file number using your telephone keypad.
If you sent your application by ordinary post, please wait seven weeks before phoning to check on the progress of your application.
If you lodged your application by phone, please wait three weeks before phoning.
- Personal tax 13 28 61: Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including
- questions about refund of franking credits
- enquiries about your tax file number (TFN)
- whether you need to lodge a tax return
- extra copies of the application for refund of franking credits
- whether you are an Australian resident for tax purposes.
- Business tax 13 28 66: General business tax enquiries including GST rulings, Australian business number (ABN), pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN), dividend and royalty withholding tax.
- Superannuation 13 10 20
- Fax 13 28 60: Get information faxed to you about individual taxes and the repayment of debts under the Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS), the Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) and the Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS). Phone 13 28 60 and follow the instructions to order information to be faxed to you.
Last modified: 01 Oct 2006QC 27601
- Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50: If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with your call.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment and have access to appropriate TTY or modem equipment, phone 13 36 77.
- If you do not have access to TTY or modem equipment, phone the Speech to Speech Relay Service 1300 555 727