Download TaxPack and forms
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
You can download TaxPack 2008 (4.3MB) in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Corrections to TaxPack 2008
Since the printing of TaxPack 2008 and associated products, some minor corrections have been made. The corrections that have been made to the online versions are as follows:
Page 33, the paragraph under the heading 'Tax offsets and your tax withheld' - the text has been changed to inform taxpayers that FTB claims for the period beginning 1 July 2008 can only be claimed through the FAO. The text also tells taxpayers that they may need to complete a new Withholding declaration and should contact their employer.
Page 55, a 'D' has been added to the second sentence in the second paragraph of Step 3. It should read 'Add any category A, B, C and D amounts together and write the total at D item D4 on page 3 of your tax return.
Page 72, the box with the heading 'Tax offsets and your tax withheld' - the text has been changed to inform taxpayers that FTB claims for the period beginning 1 July 2008 can only be claimed through the FAO. The text also tells taxpayers that they may need to complete a new Withholding declaration and should contact their employer.
Page 75,Table 2: Family ATI limit at which FTB Part A stops - the figure in the row titled '3 children aged 0-17' and the column titled '1 child aged 18-24' has been corrected from $113,853 to $130,853.
Page 80, Worksheet 1; Step 7 - the sentence is incomplete and should read 'If your spouse's SNI was $286 or more, write at (f) their SNI for the year (or for the period you are claiming a spouse tax offset if this is not for the whole year).
Corrections to TaxPack 2008 supplement
Page s39, Non-concessional contributions cap - The text states that the option of contributing up to $450,000 over a three-year period (the 'bring forward option') applies where the client is under 65 years of age forthe whole of 2007-08. This is incorrect, and should read:
The non-concessional contributions cap for 2007-08 is $150,000 per person. If you are under 65 years of age at any timein 2007-08, instead of the yearly cap of $150,000 you have the option of contributing up to $450,000 over a three-year period (the 'bring forward option') - but certain conditions apply.
You can download TaxPack 2008 supplement (2.7MB) in Portable Document Format (PDF).
You can download TaxPack 2008 for retirees (2.7MB) in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Short tax return
Short tax return instructions 2008 (68 pages) [1.15MB]
Short tax return eligibility criteria (4 pages) [172kB]
Tax return forms and schedules
Tax return forms
You will need to complete this schedule with the Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2007-08 if you received any of the following:
- Payment summary - voluntary agreement
- Payment summary - withholding where ABN not quoted
- Payment summary - labour hire and other specified payments
- Payment summary - foreign resident withholding.
- Family tax benefit (FTB) tax claim form instructions 2007-08 (NAT 4108-6.2008). The short and long claim forms to use if you wish to claim family tax benefit through the tax system.
- Baby bonus instructions and claim 2007-08 (NAT 6580-6.2008). If you or your spouse had a baby or gained legal responsibility for a child aged under five years of age - for example, through adoption - on or after 1 July 2001 and before 1 July 2004, you may be entitled to claim the baby bonus.
- Statutory declaration for payment summaries that are lost or destroyed.
- Superannuation lump sum schedule (NAT 71743-12.2007). This will help you complete item 8 in the Tax return for individuals 2008. You will need to complete this schedule if you received more than one superannuation lump sum during the year.
Referred publications and rulings
Not everything can be covered in TaxPack. Sometimes, you will be referred to other publications that will help you to understand your tax obligations and complete your tax return. Some publications are essential to complete some items.
All the publications and rulings referred to in TaxPack are listed in TaxPack and e-tax publications and rulings 2007-08.
Last modified: 10 Dec 2015QC 21659