Show download pdf controls
  • Other dispute and resolution options

    If you seek an independent review, you still retain your full dispute and objection rights. You will also retain these rights if you are not eligible for an independent review, or if you choose not to seek an independent review.

    This means that you may:

    • lodge an objection to any amended assessments or notices that issue to you – your objection will also be dealt with independently by the Objections and Review area
    • consider using the ATO’s in-house facilitation service to assist in resolving your dispute.

    You may also consider raising your matter with:

    • the Inspector General of TaxationExternal Link – the Inspector General of Taxation can assist you with concerns or complaints you may have in relation to the administrative actions taken by the ATO or the Tax Practitioners Board
    • the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise OmbudsmanExternal Link – the ASBFEO can assist and provide general information on how to resolve a dispute, facilitate discussions between you and the ATO (they can provide access to external alternative dispute resolution services or refer you to another Commonwealth, state or territory agency that can more appropriately deal with your matter).

    See also:

      Last modified: 17 Mar 2022QC 55900