Show download pdf controls
  • Accessing online services with myGovID and RAM

    To access a range of our online services on behalf of a business or entity you need to use:

    • myGovIDExternal Link – an app you download to your smart device which lets you prove who you are when logging in to a range of government online services. It is different to a myGov account.
    • Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)External Link – an authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business online when linked with your myGovID. You'll use your myGovID to log in to RAM.

    Media: How to get started with myGovID and RAM Link (Duration: 01:47)

    On this page

    Our online services that require myGovID

    You need to use myGovID with:

    • Online services for business
    • Online services for agents
    • Online services for digital service providers
    • Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) online
    • Access Manager
    • Australian Business Register (ABR)
    • ABR Explorer
    • Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) online application system.

    View a list of all government online servicesExternal Link you can access using myGovID.

    Set up your myGovID

    Your myGovID is unique to you and can't be shared. It's your personal digital identity and should be set up using your personal email address.

    Download the myGovID app from the App Store or Google Play. The app is compatible with most smart devices.

    Available on the App StoreExternal Link  Get it on Google PlayExternal Link

    Only download the myGovID app from the official app stores listed above. Non-genuine versions of the myGovID app may be available from other sources.

    All our online services can be accessed using a myGovIDExternal Link with a Standard or Strong identity strength. If you have trouble verifying your identity documents or photo, refer to Verifying your identityExternal Link.

    Unable to achieve a Standard identity strength

    Business directors or associates

    If there's no principal authorityExternal Link with at least a Standard myGovID who can link the business in RAM, you won't be able to use myGovID at this time.

    Your business will need to use a different lodgment option like Business software or a registered tax agent.


    If you can't achieve a Standard myGovID, you may be able to use a myGovID with a Basic identity strength to access some of our online services. You'll need to complete some extra steps.

    For more information, refer to Accessing our online services with a Basic myGovID.

    Link your myGovID to a business using RAM

    To access our online services on behalf of a business or entity, you need to link your myGovID to the business using RAM.

    Find out how by selecting your role:

    Principal authority (including primary person)

    If you're the principal authority, you need to start the process for a business or entity by linking your Australian business number (ABN) to your myGovID in RAM.

    A principal authority or authorisation administrator that is already acting on behalf of the business online, can authorise you in RAM to act on behalf of the business.

    The principal authority is either a:

    • sole trader
    • eligible individual associate listed on an ABN in the ABR such as a    
      • trustee
      • director
      • partner
    • primary person (no individuals listed as an associate in the ABR) such as a    
      • director of a corporate trustee
      • authorised contact for a government agency
      • responsible person for an Australian charity.

    As a principal authorityExternal Link, how you link your business or entity depends on your circumstances.

    Once linked, you can access our online services on behalf of your business or entity and set up authorisationsExternal Link for others to act on behalf of your entity.

    Authorised user or administrator

    If you access our online services on behalf of a business or entity, you'll need to set up a myGovID.

    Use your myGovID to log in to RAM and accept an authorisationExternal Link request to act on behalf of a business or entity online. You can then access online services on behalf of the business or entity using your myGovID.

    Authorisation administrators can set up authorisationsExternal Link for others in RAM.

    Business software user

    If you use Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled softwareExternal Link to interact with our online services, you'll need a machine credential.

    If you use cloud-based SBR-enabled software, your digital service provider will build the credential into your software.

    If you use desktop or locally hosted software, you'll need to create a machine credentialExternal Link using RAM.



    Trademarks and attributions

    Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

    Last modified: 23 May 2022QC 58557