Show download pdf controls
  • Seeking advice or help

    Registered tax or BAS agents

    You may want to get a registered tax or BAS agent to help you with your tax obligations. If you do use a tax agent, you still need to have all your records ready to give to them. This way, they can help you claim all the business tax deductions you are entitled to.

    It's important to choose a registered tax or BAS agent, because it means they are qualified and experienced with tax. Only a registered agent can legally charge you a fee.

    Next step:

    Check that your agent is registered – search the registerExternal Link on the Tax Practitioners Board website or phone 1300 362 829.

    How we can help

    You can get help with your record-keeping systems from us, free of charge. Our small business webinars and Tax basics for small business videos can help you learn about a range of tax and super topics and make it easier for you to comply with your obligations.

    You can also call us on 13 28 66 between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

    To arrange an after-hours call back between 6pm to 9pm, Monday to Thursday, use the Small Business Assist online booking formExternal Link.

    Alternatively, you can speak to your professional tax adviser.

    See also:

    If you don't speak English

    Our website has information and videos in other languages to help you understand tax and superannuation in Australia.

    Next steps:

    If you have hearing or speech impairment

    If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone us through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below:

    • TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need
    • Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need
    • Internet relay users, connect to the NRS on Link and ask for the ATO number you need.
      Last modified: 30 Mar 2016QC 26714