Show download pdf controls
  • Support from other agencies

    Other government agencies can provide support to individuals and businesses experiencing hardship from natural disasters and other difficult personal circumstances.

    In this section

    Emergency payments and help from other agencies

    Other government agencies provide the following payments and support.

    Help in an emergency

    See Services Australia's help in an emergencyExternal Link for payments and support for all Australians recovering from major disaster or requiring emergency support for homelessness, family violence, financial hardship or bereavement.


    A COVID-19 Disaster paymentExternal Link is available through Services Australia for people affected by COVID-19.

    State, territory or Australian Government grants, payments and stimulus may also be available for businesses.

    Natural disasters support

    The National Recovery and Resilience AgencyExternal Link provides assistance to Australians who have been affected by natural disasters including floods, bushfires and drought.

    Disaster AssistExternal Link offer disaster recovery funding arrangements, including Disaster Recovery Payment (DRP) or the Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA).

    Recovery connect brings together services and support from charities, organisations and government directly to you. This helps people prepare for and recover from disasters and major natural events.

    Rural support

    Drought and rural supportExternal Link is available for farmers and communities through the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.

    Farm Household AllowanceExternal Link may be available for farming families in financial hardship through Services Australia.

    Financial counselling

    Phone the Small Business Debt Helpline on 1800 413 828 for free financial counselling support available for small business owners and sole traders. The Australian Government supports this service.

    Last modified: 21 Dec 2021QC 67559