Show download pdf controls
  • Transfers from United Kingdom funds

    United Kingdom (UK) funds must comply with the requirements of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). HMRC have information on their website about transferring amounts from UK funds to non-UK funds, including Australian super funds or residents. We take no responsibility for the information provided on the HMRC website.

    From 7 April 2015, changes apply to how these transfers are treated. Read the information on the HMRC website and contact your Australian super fund for further details.

    If a transfer from a UK fund causes you to pay excess contributions tax, you may also be required to pay tax in the UK.

    For more information, visit:

      Last modified: 01 Jul 2022QC 21943