6 Australian Government pensions and allowances 2015
This question is about the following Australian Government payments:
- age pension
- bereavement allowance
- carer payment
- disability support pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- education entry payment
- parenting payment (single)
- widow B pension
- wife pension, if either you or your partner was of age-pension age
- age service pension
- income support supplement
- Defence Force income support allowance (DFISA) where the pension, payment or allowance to which it relates is taxable
- DFISA-like payment from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- invalidity service pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- partner service pension.
Do not include any Australian Government pensions or allowances that are not taxable, these should be shown at item IT3 Tax-free government pensions; see Amounts that you do not pay tax on.
Did you receive any of these payments?
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Answering this question
You will need:
- your PAYG payment summary - individual non-business, or
- a letter from the agency that paid your pension, allowance or payment stating the amount that you received.
If you have not received this information, or you have lost it, contact the agency that paid you.
Completing your tax return
Add up the tax withheld shown on each of your payment summaries and letters.
Write the total under Tax withheld at the left of B item 6.
Add up the income shown on each of your payment summaries and letters.
Write the total at B item 6.
You may be entitled to a tax offset on this income. Make sure you work through question T1 Seniors and pensioners (includes self-funded retirees) to see whether you are entitled to a tax offset.
If you prepare your tax return online using e-tax, you can use the pre-filling service to download these payments directly to your tax return.
Where to go next
This question is about pensions and allowances received from the Australian Government.