A2 Part-year tax-free threshold 2016
If you were not an Australian resident for the whole 2015-16 year, we use the information you show at this item on your tax return to work out your tax-free threshold.
In 2015-16 did you
- become an Australian resident, or
- stop being an Australian resident?
Did you receive any Australian Government pension or allowance, which you showed at item 5 or item 6?
Was this amount only for
- Youth Allowance
- Newstart Allowance
- a sickness allowance
- a special benefit, or
- a payment under the Community Development Employment Projects (CDEP) Scheme?
Completing your tax return
Write the date you became, or stopped being, an Australian resident for tax purposes in the Date box at item A2.
Write the number of months that you were an Australian resident in 2015-16 (counting the first month during which you became, or stopped being, a resident) at N item A2.
End of example
- became a resident in November 2015 and remained a resident for the rest of the income year, you would write 8
- stopped being a resident in September 2015, you would write 3.
We will work out your tax-free threshold for you using the information you provide at this item. If you want to work it out, go to Tax-free threshold for newcomers to Australia or Tax-free threshold if you are leaving Australia-permanently.
Where to go next
Complete this question if you were not an Australian resident for the whole financial year.