Show download pdf controls
  • How to pay USM

    We expect you will meet your USM reporting and payment obligations to us using the SuperStream data standards by 30 April 2018.

    On this page:

    Paying if you use SuperStream

    To comply with the SuperStream payment standards you must make payment by electronic transfer to our SuperStream bank account:

    • The details are
      • Bank – Reserve Bank of Australia
      • BSB – 092-009
      • Account – 12178-1
      • Title – Australian Taxation Office Official Administered Receipts SuperStream Account.
    • The data and money must be linked by a unique Payment Reference Number (PRN). If there is no unique identifier, we can't match the payment to your reported USM.
    • The PRN in the data message and payment must be identical (case and space sensitive). If they are not identical, we can't allocate the payment.

    You cannot pay by cheque.

    Paying if you are not yet using SuperStream

    However if you are not yet using SuperStream data standards, you can pay unclaimed super by


    Biller code:



    Your EFT code

    Direct credit


    Reserve Bank of Australia


    093 003

    Account number

    316 385

    Account name

    ATO direct credit account

    Customer reference number

    Your EFT code

    Your payment must reach us on or before the due date (the relevant scheduled statement day). Check your financial institution's processing deadlines to avoid making a late payment.


    Cheques must be in Australian dollars, crossed 'Not negotiable' and not be post dated. If you send a cheque, provide the following reference:
    'HOR 29 Unclaimed superannuation money'

    Cheques and money orders should be made to the Commissioner of Taxation and sent with the statement to:
    Australian Taxation Office
    Unclaimed Superannuation Money
    Locked Bag 1936
    ALBURY NSW 2640

    See also:

    If you don't meet payment obligations

    The general interest charge (GIC) may apply when you don't pay unclaimed super (including small or insoluble lost member accounts) owing to us by the due date.

    You may also be found guilty of an offence and need to pay an administrative penalty if you don't give us the statement by the due date.

    Last modified: 19 Jan 2018QC 24738