Managing your client list
You can use the Tax Agent Portal, BAS Agent Portal, ELS and PLS to perform a number of useful functions to manage your client lists and lodgment obligations.
On this page:
Adding and removing clients
For information about adding a client and how to remove a client from your practice list, including the details you need to update so we no longer contact you about the client, refer to:
Clients who do not have an obligation to lodge – registered tax agents
You can use the Tax Agent Portal, PLS client update transaction or an ELS CU transaction to advise us about an RNN for a specific year or further returns not necessary (FRNN) for tax returns for all future years.
Lodging an FRNN advice will not remove the registered agent number from the client's records.
You cannot lodge an RNN for regulated super funds. It is compulsory for a regulated super fund to lodge a fund tax return unless the fund was wound up in a prior year, which is the reason you cannot lodge an RNN for a regulated super fund.
This function is unavailable in ELS, PLS and the Tax Agent Portal to ensure that, if lodgment does not occur, we will take compliance action.
Lodgment status reports
You can download various reports to help with your clients' lodgment obligations:
- The Income tax lodgment status report provides a client list showing the lodgment status for each client for the current financial year and three previous years and is only available in the Tax Agent PortalExternal Link.
- The Outstanding activity statement report lists all unlodged activity statements for your clients for the last three years and is available in both the Tax Agent Portal and BAS Agent Portal.
- Practitioner lodgment service lodgment reports
- Income Tax lodgment status report
- Activity Statement lodgment report.
Filtering portal lodgment reports
You can manipulate Tax Agent Portal and BAS Agent Portal client lists using Excel or other spreadsheet applications to help identify certain client groups.
Accessing client lists in ELS
You can obtain reports through the ELS, including client lists and due lodgment reports.
You can use the Tax Agent Portal, BAS Agent Portal or ELS to manage your client list and lodgment obligations.