People are at the heart of the ATO’s success, and we are committed to enabling our employees to perform at their best. We offer you the following benefits:
- competitive salaries and 15.4% superannuation
- contemporary offices all over the country
- genuine flexibility to help achieve a balance between work and life including access to flexible hours, opportunity for hybrid work and flextime
- generous leave provisions to help you live your best life outside of work, including
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus additional paid leave when we close down over the Christmas to New Year period
- option to purchase up to 8 weeks additional leave per year
- paid parental leave, including maternity leave, supporting parents leave and adoption and foster care leave
- up to 17 days paid personal leave per year to recover from illness or injury or to care for a family member
- paid study leave.
We make contributions to your health and wellbeing through subsidies for eye health, flu vaccinations and an Employee Assistance Program. We have a range of tools and support available through our Thriving Minds Hub.
Investing in your growth and career development is our key to success. Our training courses, conferences, webinars and external study support will ensure you’ll never stop learning and will open doors to diverse and rewarding career pathways.
Media: Go somewhere unexpected
https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bd1bdiungi1qx7External Link (Duration: 2:41)
At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging. Work that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians and that contributes to our economic and social wellbeing – work that might take you somewhere unexpected.
When you work with us you'll:
- experience the spirit of the Australian Public Service with the size, dynamism and agility of big business
- deliver a client experience that defies expectations, in line with our commitments in the ATO Charter
- design solutions that turn problems upside down
- build cutting‑edge systems that engage, and make it easy to do the right thing and harder to do the wrong thing
- shape the way legislation is interpreted and applied, and influence new policy
- test yourself against the best minds in your field, not just here but on a global stage
- become a leader and drive innovation across everything we do.
Find out more about what we do at who we are.
Our people have vision. We’re building a leading tax and superannuation administration; and business registry service known for contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
We are committed, innovative, and our achievements are celebrated. We are diverse too, as diverse as the work we do. We’re empowered; we collaborate across boundaries and engage our clients and partners to deliver real outcomes.
Media: Our culture overview
https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bd1bdiubc6wn9z%20External Link (Duration: 1:32)
We have a vibrant, client-focused culture that will position us to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Watch our videos on atoTVExternal Link to understand how our cultural traits support us to deliver the right outcomes for the community. To find more videos, search on 'culture'.
Great minds do not think alike. We celebrate and champion diversity to reflect the community we serve and because we know that your uniqueness powers our vision.
To find out more about the ATO’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, see our 2024 Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
At the ATO, we are:
- client focused – we put our clients at the centre of everything we do
- united and connected – we work as one team to deliver the right outcomes for the community
- empowered and trusted – we are supported to take ownership, exercise judgment and make reasonable decisions
- future oriented – we will be flexible and adapt to meet immediate and future challenges
- passionate – we are committed to serving the community. We bring professionalism, energy and determination to everything we do.
More about ATO careers
- search for jobs
- set up job alerts
- submit your application.