We are authorised to collect your personal information on this form under one or more of the following Acts:
- Taxation Administration Act 1953
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1936
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
- A New Tax System (Australian Business Number) Act 1999
- A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999
- A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999
- A New Tax System (Luxury Car Tax) Act 1999
- Energy Grants (Credits) Scheme Act 2003
- Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993
- Product Grants and Benefits Administration Act 2000
- Fuel Tax Act 2006
- Fringe Benefits Tax Assessment Act 1986
We need this information to help us administer the taxation laws. If the information is not collected we may not be able to process your corrections.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Services Australia
- State and Federal Police
- Australian Crime Commission
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Reserve Bank of Australia.
We also provide taxpayer information to treaty partners overseas under international tax agreements.
If you have an Australian Business Number, some information on this form may be collected under the A New Tax System (Australian Business Number Act) 1999 and will be used to update your details on the Australian Business Register (ABR)External Link. Where authorised by law, selected information may be made publicly available and some may be passed to a wide range of government agencies, including Commonwealth, state and local government agencies.
If you have a privacy concern or need more information, phone or write to our privacy hotline.Correcting tax errors - explaining your circumstances privacy statement.