The ATO’s purpose is to contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of Australians by fostering willing participation in the tax and superannuation systems.
We have two aspirations for 2024:
- building trust and confidence
- being streamlined, integrated and data-driven.
We are a leading tax and superannuation administration known for our contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
We have eight strategic objectives, which are grouped into five perspectives:
- G1: We build community confidence by sustainably reducing the tax gap and providing assurance across the tax and superannuation systems.
- G2: We design for a better tax and superannuation system to make it easy to comply and hard not to.
- C1: Our client experience and interactions are well designed, tailored, fair and transparent.
- C2: We work with and through others to deliver efficient and effective tax and superannuation systems.
- W1: We are a high-performing workforce with a focus on integrity, the right culture, capability and tools to deliver the best client and staff experience.
- O1: We use data, information and insights to deliver value for our clients and inform decision-making across everything we do.
- O2: Our technology and digital services deliver a reliable and contemporary client experience.
- F1: We strive for operational excellence to achieve efficiency and quality outcomes.
How the elements of our plan interrelate