The ATO’s purpose is to contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of Australians by fostering willing participation in the tax, superannuation and registry systems.
We are a leading tax, superannuation and registry administration known for our contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
We have 8 strategic objectives, which are grouped into 5 perspectives. Our key focus areas and core priorities enable us to achieve these objectives.
- G1: We build community confidence by sustainably reducing the tax gap and providing assurance across the tax, superannuation and registry systems.
- G2: We design for better tax, superannuation and registry systems to make it easy to comply and hard not to.
- C1: Our client experience and interactions are well designed, tailored, fair and transparent
- C2: We work with and through others to deliver efficient and effective tax, superannuation and registry systems.
- W1: We are a high-performing workforce with a focus on integrity, the right culture, capability and tools to deliver the best client and staff experience.
- O1: We use data, information and insights to deliver value for our clients and inform decision-making across everything we do.
- O2: Our technology and digital services deliver a reliable and contemporary client experience.
- F1: We strive for operational excellence to achieve efficiency and quality outcomes.