This is the second annual report on corporate tax transparency, which informs the public debate about tax policy, particularly in relation to the corporate tax system.
This report is based on the 2014–15 financial year tax returns of some of the largest corporate entities operating in Australia. It also describes changes that have occurred since 2013–14.
Legislation specifies the type of information we can provide in the report. It is important to note that the aggregate figures cannot reflect the complexity of the tax system, the relationships between entities, the calculations behind the numbers or the extent and nature of any ATO activity.
The corporate tax transparency population includes:
- Australian public and foreign-owned entities with total income of $100 million or more
- Australian-owned resident private entities with total income of $200 million or more
- entities that have petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) payable
- entities that have minerals resource rent tax (MRRT) payable (for the 2013–14 and 2014–15 MRRT years only).
Find out about:
- Interpreting the results
- Total income tax payable
- Population overview
- Net losses and nil tax payable
- Minerals resource rent tax
- Petroleum resource rent tax
- 2013–14 tax returns processed after 1 September 2015
- Australian-owned resident private entities