This is the sixth annual report on corporate tax transparency, which informs the public debate about tax policy, particularly in relation to the corporate tax system.
This report is based on the 2018–19 income tax returns of some of the largest corporate entities operating in Australia. It also describes changes that have occurred to key headline figures for the population.
Legislation specifies the type of information we are required to provide in the report. It is important to note that the aggregate figures cannot reflect the:
- complexity of the tax system
- relationships between entities
- calculations behind the numbers
- extent and nature of any ATO activity.
The corporate tax transparency population includes:
- Australian public and foreign-owned entities with total income of $100 million or more
- Australian-owned resident private entities with total income of $200 million or more
- entities that have petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) payable.
Find out about:
- Interpreting the results
- Total income tax payable
- Six-year trend analysis
- Population overview
- Net losses and nil tax payable
- Petroleum resource rent tax
- Corporate population compliance
- Voluntary Tax Transparency Code
- Prior-year income tax returns processed after 1 September 2019