In our first request for information, the typical questions we ask are listed below:
- alignment between accounting and tax results
- tax governance and risk management
- significant and new transactions
- tax risks flagged to market.
- GST governance and risk management
- GST risks flagged to market
- Significant and new transactions for GST
- Alignment between accounting and GST results.
The list is not exhaustive and in some cases, we will ask additional or modified questions which may be relevant to your business.
Our reviews generally focus on 4 income years and 12 months reporting period for GST. Information is likely to be requested for this time period.
We encourage large multinational and public groups within the scope of the Top 1,000 Program to consider the questions and prepare for a Combined Assurance Review under the Top 1,000 Program before it starts.
Timely provision of information assists us in effectively obtaining confidence that you paid the right amount of income tax and there are no tax risks to be followed-up.