- Steps to complete and lodge forms
- Who completes and lodges these forms
- How to complete Form one: GST property settlement withholding notification
- How to complete Form two: GST property settlement date confirmation
- How to amend or cancel your forms
- How to pay the withholding amount
Most purchasers of new residential premises or potential residential land are required to withhold an amount from the contract price for payment to the ATO.
Purchasers who are required to withhold must complete and lodge the following two online forms:
- Form one: GST property settlement withholding notification
- Form two: GST property settlement date confirmation.
You can lodge these forms using either:
- our online form – following the steps below
- PEXA (Property Exchange Australia) platform.
Only lodge the forms once for each transaction.
If you're a property supplier, don't lodge these forms.
Note: We check our records against land titles information on property transactions. Failure to lodge forms or pay on time may result in penalties.