Before you start, make sure you have the following documents available:
- contract of sale
- supplier withholding notification (this may have been provided to you in a separate document or incorporated into the contract of sale).
Forms are completed online. You must complete and lodge each form in one session. You can't save an incomplete form and return to complete it at a later time.
Help is available in the top right-hand side of the form.
If you're unsure of how to complete this form after reading these instructions or you have any issues, support is available when lodging through:
- our website – phone us on 13 28 66 (Fast Key Code 3 4)
- the PEXA platform – phone 1300 084 515 or email the PEXA Support CentreExternal Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchaser or their representatives must provide contact details. This allows us to contact you to resolve any issues and process the form faster.
Don't include brackets or spaces in your phone number.
If you provide your email address, we will email you a copy of the notification confirmation. If you don't provide your email address, you will be asked to print a copy of the summary page. Keep a copy of this summary page.
The property details should be listed in the contract you signed. Mandatory fields vary depending on the state or territory where you purchased the property.
Show all dates as 'dd/mm/yyyy' or select them using the calendar.
The contract price is shown on the contract of sale and includes GST. Include the GST-inclusive market value of any non-monetary consideration as notified by the supplier. Enter numbers only – don't use commas.
You can enter up to 10 properties on Form one, but this is only recommended where:
- you have purchased multiple properties under the one contract
- the properties are all settling on the same day.
If there are more than 10 properties to be entered on the form, you need to complete and lodge another set of forms.
When lodging Form one for a property with a contract entered into before 1 July 2018 and settlement after 30 June 2020, complete this form using:
- our website – a contract date of 1 July 2018 to allow the form to be lodged
- PEXA platform – the actual contract date.
Provide as much detail as possible to ensure we process your form quickly.
This section is for the purchaser buying the property. If there are multiple purchasers on the title, list each purchaser on the form.
If there are more than 10 purchasers, complete and lodge the form with details of 10 of the purchasers. Then phone us after 48 hours on 13 28 66 (Fast Key Code 3 4) to provide the additional purchaser details. You need to wait 48 hours after the form has been lodged so we can process it. This is for forms lodged via our website and the PEXA platform.
You're not required to provide your Australian business number (ABN) or tax file number (TFN) but providing them helps us identify you in our records. This means we can process your form faster.
Don't include brackets or spaces in your phone number.
Enter the percentage of the property the purchaser will legally own. This is usually in the property transfer form or equivalent in your state or territory. Only use whole percentages.
If there are:
- tenants in common – enter the defined share in the property. For example, if purchaser one has 25% then purchaser two has 75%
- joint tenants – enter an equal share in the property. The total ownership percentage must equal 100%. For example, if there are
- two purchasers – enter 50% for each purchaser
- three purchasers in the property transaction – enter the following details in the form
- purchaser one 33%
- purchaser two 33%
- purchaser three 34%
- four purchasers – enter 25% for each purchaser.
The supplier details are for the entity liable to pay the GST on the supply of the property. If there are multiple suppliers, all of them must be listed on the form.
The supplier details may be different to the vendor on the contract or the registered proprietor on the certificate of title. For example, if the vendor is part of a GST group or under external administration.
For partnerships – enter the name of the partnership. You don't need to list individual partner's names on the form.
Enter the supplier's phone number with area code or mobile number – don't include brackets or spaces in your entry.
Withholding payment – enter the amount on the supplier's written notification (rounded down to the nearest dollar).
If there are more than 10 suppliers, after lodging this form, you must lodge additional copies of Form one until you have included all suppliers. If you are lodging via PEXA, any additional GST property settlement withholding notification forms must be lodged via our website.
Review the details on the form before completing the declaration.
You can then lodge Form one.
The confirmation screen for forms lodged via our website shows you have successfully lodged your form. It shows your:
- lodgment reference number (LRN)
- payment reference number (PRN)
- expected settlement date
- total withholding payment.
A downloadable payment slip with barcode is available. Select the payment slip hyperlink to access it.
If you haven't provided an email address, we can't issue a confirmation. You should keep a copy of your form. Do this by selecting Print friendly version to save or print the form.
We recommend you:
- provide a copy to the purchaser if you are a representative of the purchaser
- advise the supplier when you have received confirmation that your form is lodged.
We will send a confirmation email to your nominated email address provided in your form. The confirmation email may take 24 to 48 hours. We will also send a confirmation email for forms lodged via the PEXA platform.
Your confirmation email includes your unique PRN and LRN.
If you didn't provide an email address, the PRN, LRN and payment slip with a barcode will be available on the Confirmation screen.
You need to keep these numbers as you need them when lodging Form two and making your payment.
We only issue one unique PRN per Form one. This is even if you provide details of multiple purchasers or suppliers on the form.
Your obligations aren't complete until you lodge Form two and pay the withholding payment.
Failure to lodge forms on time may result in penalties.
If any details have changed since lodging your form (excluding the expected settlement date) then, if you lodged:
- via our website – phone us on 13 28 66 (Fast Key Code 3 4)
- via PEXA – cancel the form via the PEXA platform and relodge.
Find out How to complete Form two.