- directly to us from your payroll software
- through a third party sending service provider (SSP) which is integrated into your software
- through a third party sending service provider (SSP) service which is outside your software.
To find out what type of solution is suitable you can:
- talk to your existing software provider
- look at the STP product register to find STP payroll softwareExternal Link.
You can report from your existing payroll or accounting software if it is STP-enabled.
- Talk to your software provider to find out what they offer and what you need to do
- Read our Get ready and Start reporting checklists
If you don't currently use payroll software, you can find a suitable product for your business needs, including micro employers (1–4 employees) on the product register.
- Talk to your registered tax or BAS agent to find out which payroll software product would best suit your business needs
- Look at the product register to find STP payroll softwareExternal Link
You can ask a third party to report for you, for example a:
- registered tax or BAS agent
- payroll service provider.
It is your obligation to make sure the third party will be reporting for you through STP-enabled software.
If you use a registered tax or BAS agent, talk to them about your options. They may be able to report through STP for you, or work with you to outsource your payroll to a payroll service provider.
Payroll service providers who are providing a STP reporting service must be registered as a tax or BAS agent. You can check their registration details with the Tax Practitioners BoardExternal Link.