Information has not pre-filled
You or your registered agent may not be able to see your pre-filled information if:
- we have not received the information from your employer (or employers)
- we could not match information to your record
- information did not pass processing checks for example, incorrect personal details.
If you can't see your pre-filled information in myTax, you should speak to your employer to confirm if they are reporting through STP.
If your employer is reporting through STP and doesn't know why your information isn’t displaying in pre-fill, phone us on 13 28 61.
Multiple income statements from one employer
There may be some situations where you have multiple income statements, such as:
- your employer is using different payroll IDs to report your information
- your employer pays you from more than one payroll system.
Each income statement will display as ‘Tax ready’ when your employer has finalised your information and it is ready for you to complete your income tax return. Your employer has up until 14 July to finalise your income statement. Your employer will let you know if there are any delays in the finalisation of your income statements.
If you have multiple income statements from your employer:
- You can complete your tax return if all the income statements are showing as ‘Tax ready’.
- If some of the income statements are showing as ‘Not tax ready’, or you are unsure about which amounts to report, speak to your employer and confirm the information you should use in your income tax return.
Errors in pre-fill information
If you think your pre-filled information is incorrect, you should contact your employer (or employers) who provided the information to confirm the correct amounts. If you are unable to contact your employers, refer to your payslips to find the correct information to include in your lodgment.
Make sure you update any incorrect pre-fill information before you lodge your tax return.What to do if the pre-filled information in your myTax return is missing, not finalised or incorrect.