If you're operating a home-based business, you can claim the cost of trips between your home and other places if the travel is for business purposes. For example, you could claim the cost of travel to:
- a client's premises, if you're working there or delivering some documents
- purchase equipment or supplies
- the bank to do your banking
- the post office to mail out invoices or get mail from a PO Box
- see your business tax agent or BAS agent.
There are different methods that you can use to calculate motor vehicle expenses, claims depending on your business structure.
Find out about:
- Claiming a tax deduction for motor vehicle expenses
- Claiming a tax deduction for expenses for a home-based business