ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Taxation registrations

All businesses need a tax file number (TFN), but other tax registrations depend on the type of business you're running.

Sole traders use their individual TFN. Partnerships, companies, trusts and other organisations need a business TFN.

Register for PAYG withholding if you need to withhold tax from payments made to your workers and businesses.

If you provide fringe benefits to your employees, you may have to pay fringe benefits tax (FBT).

Luxury car retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers must register for and pay luxury car tax (LCT).

Employers must register with us to withhold at working holiday makers tax rates.

Wine manufacturers, wholesalers and importers must register for and collect wine equalisation tax.

To register for fuel tax credits you need to register for GST. Find out which fuels and activities are not eligible.

Work out if, when and how you need to register for goods and services tax (GST).

Pay as you go (PAYG) instalments are regular prepayments of the expected tax on your business and investment income.