Our calculator will take between 1 and 2 minutes to use.
You may need to use this calculator for several reasons, including calculating the number of days you:
- don't have to pay the Medicare levy surcharge in an income year
- were in Australia or overseas when working out your residency
- had a spouse in an income year
- lived in a remote area or served in forces overseas.
If you use this tool to work out if you owned a CGT asset for at least 12 months before a CGT event, you should exclude:
- the day of acquisition, and
- the day of the CGT event.