Our calculator will take between 2 and 10 minutes to use.
This calculator will work out your gross tax only for the 2013–14 to 2022–23 income years. Gross tax is the tax on taxable income before tax offsets are taken into account.
The results of this calculator are based on the information you provide. You should use these results as an estimate and for guidance purposes only.
Which tax rates apply?
The individual income tax rates will depend on the income year you select and your residency status for income tax purposes during that income year.
Foreign residents are taxed at a higher rate and aren't entitled to a tax-free threshold. Part-year residents may be entitled to a part-year tax-free threshold.
If you are a working holiday maker you will need to use the Income tax estimator calculator. This will allow you to provide a breakdown of the income and indicate your residency status.
You are a working holiday maker (WHM) if you have a visa subclass of either:
- 417 Working Holiday
- 462 Work and Holiday (backpackers).
- Your taxable income for the full income year.
- Your residency status for the specific income year.
This calculator doesn't cover the following:
- Medicare levy
- Medicare levy surcharge
- Working holiday makers' tax obligations
- First Home Super Saver (FHSS) scheme
- Study and training support loans compulsory repayments (such as HELP/TSL, VET Student Loan (VSL) and SFSS) liabilities you may have.
If you need a detailed calculation, you can use the Income tax estimator.
To work out how much tax is to be withheld from current income year payments made to employees and other workers, see our Tax withheld calculator.Calculate the gross tax on your taxable income for the 2013-14 to 2022-23 income years.