Copies of these publications
The publications can be downloaded in Portable Document Format (PDF):
- Business and professional items 2009 (PDF 730KB)This link will download a file (NAT 2543)
- Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2009 (PDF 167KB)This link will download a file (NAT 2816)
Who is this schedule for?
If you complete items 14, 15 or 16 of your tax return (supplementary section), you must fill in the Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2009 (PDF 167KB)This link will download a file and send it in with your tax return. These instructions will help you to fill in the schedule. If the business or professional items that apply to you are not filled in, your tax return will be sent back to you. We consider that your tax return has not been lodged until it is returned to us complete.
If your tax return and completed schedule are lodged late, you may be liable for a penalty. For information on the penalty for failing to lodge on time, see page 113 in TaxPack 2009 (NAT 0976).
If you have a net loss from a business activity carried on in partnership with others, you may need to complete items P3 and P9 of the schedule. See question 13 in TaxPack 2009 supplement (NAT 2677). Do not include your partnership details at any other item on your schedule.
You will also need to complete the Individual PAYG payment summary schedule 2008–09 if you received any of the following:
- Payments under a voluntary agreement
- PAYG payment summary – withholding where ABN not quoted
- Labour–hire and their workers
- Foreign resident withholding – who it affects.
These instructions will help you fill in that schedule also.