ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Item 3: Total cost of motor vehicles

Last updated 30 June 2003

At C, write the total cost of all motor vehicles for which you are claiming a deduction for decline in value for the first time this income year. Do not include the cost of cars for which you have calculated car expenses using the 'cents per kilometre' or '12% of original value' method as you cannot deduct an amount for the decline in value of these cars under the UCA.