There are exemptions and rollovers that may allow you to reduce, defer or disregard your capital gain or capital loss.
If you applied an exemption or rollover to disregard or defer a capital gain or capital loss, write X in the Yes box at M item 18 Capital gains on your tax return (supplementary section). Write X in the No box if you did not.
Write in the code box at M the code from the following list that represents the CGT exemption or rollover that produced the largest amount of capital gain or capital loss deferred or disregarded.
CGT exemption and rollover codes:
- A Small business active asset reduction
- B Small business retirement exemption
- C Small business rollover
- D Small business 15 year exemption
- E Foreign resident CGT exemption
- F Scrip for scrip rollover
- I Main residence exemption
- J Capital gains disregarded as a result of the sale of a pre-CGT asset
- K Disposal or creation of assets in a wholly-owned company
- L Replacement asset rollovers
- M Exchange of shares or units
- N Exchange of rights or options
- O Exchange of shares in one company for shares in another company
- P Exchange of units in a unit trust for shares in a company
- R Demerger rollover
- S Same asset rollovers
- T Small business restructure rollover
- U Early stage investor
- V Venture capital investment
- X Other exemptions and rollovers.